The Steak Knife Set is made with 1.4116 Stainless Steel (German Steel) also called "X50CrMoV15" or with identification code "AISI (American Iron and Steel Institute) 420MoV" or called "NIROSTA 4116" as well.
Our X50CrMoV15 Steel is composed of:
- X Stainless Steel: the basic material of the knives. It allows an extremely good cutting capacity and keeps the sharpening for a long time.
- 50 0.5% Carbon (C): the carbon content is important for the hardness of the blade and for the knife edge;
- Cr 15% Chromium (Cr): this additional alloy guarantees a particular corrosion resistance of the finished knives;
- Mo 0.54% Molybdenum (Mo): an alloying element, which improves strength and resistance to corrosion;
- V 0,12% Vanadium (V): it increases strength and hardness, to prevent the blades from being consumed;
- 15 15% chrome: it provides high hardness, rust-resistance, and excellent wear resistance.